The Celtic Challenge is the only competition in hurling that has teams from all 32 counties participating and, in total, 110 games will be provided to over 1,000 players on 38 teams.
The Celtic Challenge is a competition for players, aged 16 and 17 years old, who are not participating in State Examinations during May and June 2016.
38 teams will participate in the competition and the programme will run from Wednesday 4th May to Saturday 18th June 2016.
- The ethos of the competition is a developmental one, where a 7 week programme of meaningful games is supplemented by a 1 to 1 ratio of games to training.
- Each team will play a minimum of 5 games through a programme that is structured on the basis of Group Stages, Qualifiers and Play Offs.
- The Group Stages will consist of 7 Groups of teams selected on a geographical and developmental basis. Matches at the Group Stages will be played on Wednesdays.
- After the Group Stages, teams will be graded on foot of their performance and will be assigned to 1 of 5 Divisions prior to participating in the Qualifiers and Play-Offs where they will play against opposition of a comparative developmental level.
- 5 Finals will be played on Saturday June 18th, 2016.
Celtic Challenge Group D
Wednesday, June 01, 2016 Round 5 – The Mon Field, Cork City Referee: Jason Mullins
Cork City 4-15 v 2-15 North Cork
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 Round 4 – Milford Referee: Jason Mullins
North Cork 1-12 v 1-20 Kerry
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 Round 3 – Austin Stack Park Referee: Jason Mullins
Kerry 1-14 v 4-16 Cork City
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 Round 3 – Old Christians Referee: John Mc Cormack
Limerick City 3-16 v 1-10 North Cork
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 Round 2 – The Mon Field, Cork City Referee: Thomas Walsh
Cork City 1-8 v 2-9 Limerick City
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 Round 2 – Milford Referee: Damian Fox
North Cork 2-14 v 1-13 West Limerick
Wednesday, May 04, 2016 Round 1 – Rathkeale Referee: Damian Fox
West Limerick 0-8 v 2-21 Cork City
Celtic Challenge Group D League Table
For more information on the celtic Challenge Click here