|DATE(S)||EVENT||VENUE||DETAILS YOU WANT TO HIGHLIGHT|
|Month of February||National schools coaching||Newtownshandrum NS, Ballyhea NS, Shanballymore NS Dromina NS, Kilbrin NS, Freemount, Ballyclough NS, Mitchelstown CBSNS, Ballygiblin NS.||Junior, Senior infant and first class pupils in schools around the region have started their 3 week coaching sessions this month. All 64 primary schools in the region will get their 3 week sessions in the coming months.|
|Month of January||Post Primary schools||Patrician Academy Mallow, Boherbue, Buttevant, Kanturk Convent, Milstreet CS Colaiste Treasa Kanturk, Colmans Fermoy.||
Coaching of school teams from u14 up in football and hurling has taken place in these schools all other post primary schools in the region will also be receiving coaching in the upcoming weeks.
Congratulations to Mitchelstown CBS who won the Munster B hurling final Vs Cashel and were beaten in the football final by Kenmare. Fantastic achievement by all involved.
Congratulations also to Charlavelle CBS u14 hurlers who got to the Limerick County final this month.
|January / February||Award 1 course||Newtownshandrum / Banteer||
Award 1 coaching course was hosted in Newtownshandrum in mid January on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Congratulations to the 17 participants that took part.
Also this month, an award 1 course took place in Banteer on Thursdays and Saturdays finishing last weekend. Congratulations to the 15 participants who took part.
|Month of February||U14, 15, & 16 Regional squads||Across the region||
The football inter-regionals took place this month in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.
The u16 team won the cup, beating Mid West in the semi final and the West in the final.
The u15 footballers were beat by the City/East team in the shield final.
The u14 footballers and hurlers are still training and playing challenge games, and the squads have been reduced to 40 from 55 in preparation for the summer.
The u15 hurlers beat the City in a challenge game in Pairc Ui Chaoimh over the mid term.
|Month of February||Club visits / workshops||Glanworth, Newtownshandrum, Knocknagree, Banteer, Fermoy, Shanballymore and Kilworth.||All these clubs booked in for a club coaching workshop with me this month, I’m already getting full for March so if your club wants a workshop carried out contact me asap.|
|February||Benchmarking||Congratulations to Fermoy and Newtownshandrum who were awarded GOLD awards for benchmarking in 2017 and were presented with their plaque in Pairc Ui Chaoimh on Saturday 24th.
also on that day the following clubs recieved their certs:
Silver: Kilavullen, Croke Rovers, Kilara Og, Kanturk, Ballyhea, Clyda Rovers, Buttevant, Castletownroche, Mallow
Bronze: Banteer/Lyre, St Marks, Mitchelstown/Ballygiblin, Shanballymore, Doneraile, Kilshannig and Charlaville
The above clubs who entered to Benchmarking and are successful in reaching Bronze, Silver or Gold status will be eligible for the following benefits in 2018:
· Priority access to Pairc ui Chaoimh initiatives e.g. Monster Blitzes, Go Games Blitzes.
· Eligibility to apply for the U12 Croke Park day.
· Access to Munster u 12 Stadium Blitz Days
· Application for Half Time games at County and Club games in Cork.
· Entry to the Hurling and Football Go Games Summer Leagues for 2018
· Entry to Munster U15 Super 10s Competition
· Access to the Rebel Óg Coaching and Munster Coaching Conferences in Pairc ui Chaoimh
· Primary School Coaching and Games Supports
· Club Support via Workshops and other initiatives run by Rebel Óg Coaching.
|12th & 13th Feb||Kanturk and Mallow||As mentioned in the cluster meetings, I will be running two GoGames / Young referees course’s on Monday Feb 12th at 7pm venue Mallow GAA and 8:00 on Tuesday 13th venue Kanturk GAA meeting room.
Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age to take part and will be registered then to referee at the monster blitz’s / leagues. A certificate will be given to all participants.
For benchmarking 2018, all clubs must register a referee for these games.
These referees will NOT be asked to referee u12 games this year, only u6 to u11.
|Month of March||Primary schools||Castletownroche NS, Milstreet NS, Ballyhass NS, Rathcoole NS, Knocknagree NS Burnfort NS and Analientha NS||
We will continue with our visits and coaching sessions in primary schools across the region.
|Month of February||Post Primary schools||Patrician Academy Mallow, Millstreet Community, Boherbue Comprehensive, Buttevant, Kanturk Convent, Colaiste Treasa Kanturk, Colmans Fermoy, Craoibhin Fermoy, Charlaville CBS.||Post Primary schools coaching and TY courses will continue this month in schools across the region.|
|February||U14, U15 & 16 Regional squads||U14 football and hurling squads will continue their preparations for the upcoming inter-regional competition at Easter.
The u 15 and 16 regional squads are finished now but there is a large group of these players going forward to County trials over the next few weeks in both hurling and football.
|March||Club visits||Clubs already booked for a workshop:
Granard Gaels, Ballyclough, Glanworth, Knocknagree, Duaraigle Gaels, Meelin, Newmarket, Buttevant, Dromtarriffe, Fermoy, Croke Rovers and Kildorrery
I’m taking club visits bookings now. Clubs who submitted for benchmarking in 2017 will get preference. I will be available to meet on Monday or Wednesday evenings from 7pm. Places will be given on a “first come, first serve” basis.
For these meetings the club needs to decide if they want:
– a club structure meeting where we bring in the club administrators and coaches and discuss the club from top to bottom and assess where the club is at.
– a benchmarking review where look at last years submission and plan for the club going forward.
– a coaching workshop, where I run a practical workshop in hurling or football with the coaches of all age groups in the club.
|Foundation level coaching courses||
Foundation Courses for Clubs
Courses are run for 7 months of the year so if your club wishes to complete a Foundation Coaching Course during any the following months October, November, December, January, February, March & April the club secretary will have to book your course with Coach Education Officer Shane Supple at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 4 weeks in advance of your course.
• Your club has to have a minimum of 12 participants to run a course
• Participants must be Over 18 years of age to complete a GAA run Foundation Course. Students can take part in courses run in Schools for TY.
• Participants who do not complete the full course will not receive certification
• The cost of a Foundation Course for a club is €250 for up to 20 participants.
• A Deposit & Administration Fee of €25 must be paid online before any course will be registered and tutors assigned.
• If your club will have more than 20 participants the cost will be €450 as two tutors are required
• All payments for courses are to be paid in advance of course beginning
• Please let Shane Supple know the number of participants you believe you club will have for your course when you are booking
• Bookings are to be made by email through your club secretary only.
• The Foundation Coaching Course is 9 hours for a Dual Course and 7.5 hours for a single code
• The course can be done in the following formats: 3 hrs on a Friday night and 6 hrs on the Saturday OR over 2 weeknights either in the same week or spread out over 2 or 3 weeks
• When you are booking please give details of which format you would like and what date you would like
• Dates will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so we cannot guarantee the date you are looking for
Please refer to Guideline & Requirements for Foundation Course Cerification which applies to anyone wishing to take a course
|5th March||Monster Blitz / Go Games meetings||Mallow||Colm Crowley GDA and myself will be holding meetings for coaches of u7’s to u11’s in Mallow GAA on March 5th.
At this we’ll be discussing the new leagues and pod groupings for u8s to 11’s. Every club that are entered MUST have a representitive present on the night.
times are split for the evening:
7pm -7:45 – U7’s & u8’s
7:45 – 8:30 – U9’s, 10’s and u11’s
Also on this night, I will be giving out the certs to the clubs who didn’t receive their’s at the benchmarking awards on Saturday last in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.
These clubs are:
Ballyhea Clyda Rovers, Milford and Mallow
Shanballymore, Banteer/Lyre and Charleville
Can the coaching officer from these clubs be present to collect these certs.
I will be giving out a copy of both the 2018 benchmarking logbook and a copy of the Rebel Og Coaching Club Manual 2020 which is a great resource in every club, clubs who were in Pairc ui chaoimh Saturday already got these. Can the following clubs make sure they’re there to collect theirs: Ballyhooley, Boherbue, Rockchapel, Knocknagree, Dromtarriffe, Newmarket, Kildorrery, Ballyclough, Freemount, Kiskeam and Ballydesmond.
|12th &13th Feruary||GoGames referee’s course||Mallow & Kanturk|
|Easter||Easter camps||Clubs are reminded to begin planning for their Easter Camps as Easter comes a bit earlier this year.|
GDA for Avondhu / Duhallow