|DATE(S)||EVENT||VENUE||DETAILS YOU WANT TO HIGHLIGHT|
|Month of January||National schools coaching||Derinagree NS, Freemount NS, Tullylease NS, Kildorrery NS, Glenahulla NS, Donerale NS and Ballyhea NS||Junior, Senior infant and first class pupils in schools around the region have started their 3 week coaching sessions this month. All 64 primary schools in the region will get their 3 week sessions in the coming months.
On November 10th we ran a 3rd class football blitz in Mallow Gaa complex. 32 teams took part in the blitz with over 300 pupils playing. a great day was had by all.
|Month of January||Post Primary schools||Patrician Academy Mallow, Boherbue, Buttevant, Kanturk Convent, Colaiste Treasa Kanturk, Colmans Fermoy.||
Coaching of school teams from u14 up in football and hurling has taken place in these schools all other post primary schools in the region will also be receiving coaching in the upcoming weeks.
Congratulations to Mitchelstown CBS who qualified for the Munster senior hurling final after beating Glanmire in the Semi final, they also contest the football final next weekend.
|January 24th, 27th, 31st and 3rd (Feb)||Award 1 course||Newtownshandrum||
Award 1 coaching course was hosted in Newtownshandrum in mid January on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Congratulations to the 17 participants that took part.
|Month of January||U14, 15, & 16 Regional squads||Across the region||
The winter training programme started started back after christmas on 13th January with a training session on the astroturf pitch for the u14 footballers and hurlers and Strength and Conditioning for U15 and 16 football and hurling squads with coaches from the UCC Mardyke. This S&C programme finished up on the 20th.
These sesions were supported with all teams also playing inter-regional or inter-county challenge games in Pairc Ui Chaoimh and Tipperary.
|Month of January||Cluster meetings||Kanturk, Mallow and Fermoy||I held 3 very successful cluster meetings in the region this month with ALL clubs being represented.
I’m taking club visits bookings now. Clubs who submitted for benchmarking in 2017 will get preference. I will be available to meet on Monday or Wednesday evenings from 7pm. Places will be given on a “first come, first serve” basis.
For these meetings the club needs to decide if they want:
– a club structure meeting where we bring in the club administrators andcoaches and discuss the club from top to bottom and assess where the club is at.
– a benchmarking review where look at last years submission and plan for the club going forward.
– a coaching workshop, where I run apractical workshop in hurling or football with the coaches of all age groups in the club.
|Month of January||Club visits / workshops||Clyda Rovers, Kilavullen, Kildorrery, Shanballymore and Newtownshandrum|
|1st December||Benchmarking||Congratulations to Fermoy and Newtownshandrum who were awarded GOLD awards for benchmarking in 2017.
The clubs in the North region who submitted for benchmarking were: Fermoy, Banteer/Lyre, Shandrum, Kilavullen, Milford, St Marks, Croke Rovers, Mitchelstown/Ballygiblin, Kilara Og, Kanturk, Ballyhea, Clyda Rovers, Buttevant, Shanballymore, Ballyclough, Doneraile, Kilshannig, Castletownroche, Mallow Glanworth, Kilavullen Charlaville, and Sliabh Luchra Gaels.
The above clubs who entered to Benchmarking and are successful in reaching Bronze, Silver or Gold status will be eligible for the following benefits in 2018:
· Priority access to Pairc ui Chaoimh initiatives e.g. Monster Blitzes, Go Games Blitzes.
· Eligibility to apply for the U12 Croke Park day.
· Access to Munster u 12 Stadium Blitz Days
· Application for Half Time games at County and Club games in Cork.
· Entry to the Hurling and Football Go Games Summer Leagues for 2018
· Entry to Munster U15 Super 10s Competition
· Access to the Rebel Óg Coaching and Munster Coaching Conferences in Pairc ui Chaoimh
· Primary School Coaching and Games Supports
· Club Support via Workshops and other initiatives run by Rebel Óg Coaching.
Kevin O’Callaghan Games Manager will be in contact with all clubs who submitted, in the coming days to tell them how they graded.
|January||All Ireland Finals||Croke Park||Massive Congratulations to Knocknagree on winning the all Ireland Junior Football final and Kanturk on winning the Intermediate hurling final, in two thrilling games in Croke park last weekend.
Ye both did ye’re families, clubs, Division, parishes and County proud and will no doubt be an inspiration to young GAA players across the North region.
|Month of February||Primary schools||Ballyclough NS, Ballyhea NS, Milford NS, Newtown NS, Shanballymore NS, Kilbrin NS, Lismire NS, Dromina NS, Lyre NS, Doneraile NS, Castletownroche NS, Ballygiblin NS and Mitchelstown CBS||
we will continue with our visits and coaching sessions in primary schools across the region.
|Month of February||Post Primary schools||Patrician Academy Mallow, Millstreet Community, Boherbue Comprehensive, Buttevant, Kanturk Convent, Colaiste Treasa Kanturk, Colmans Fermoy, Craoibhin Fermoy, Charlaville CBS.||Post Primary schools coaching and TY courses will continue this month in schools across the region.|
|February||U15 & 16 Regional squads||All regional u14, 15 and 16 football and hurling squads are preparing for their inter-regional tournament games this month.|
|February||Club visits||Across the region||I have put out an open invitation for clubs to apply for GDA workshops in their clubs. This will be open to all clubs to apply for but priority will be given to clubs who applied for benchmarking this year.|
|February||Award 1 coaching courses||Banteer||
An award 1 course will start in Banteer on Thursday Feb 15th. There are still places available, but this will be the FINAL award 1 in the region open to all clubs. To book a place, contact Shane Supple GDA at:
To book an award 1 course in your club:
|Foundation level coaching courses||
Foundation Courses for Clubs
Courses are run for 7 months of the year so if your club wishes to complete a Foundation Coaching Course during any the following months October, November, December, January, February, March & April the club secretary will have to book your course with Coach Education Officer Shane Supple at email@example.com at least 4 weeks in advance of your course.
• Your club has to have a minimum of 12 participants to run a course
• Participants must be Over 18 years of age to complete a GAA run Foundation Course. Students can take part in courses run in Schools for TY.
• Participants who do not complete the full course will not receive certification
• The cost of a Foundation Course for a club is €250 for up to 20 participants.
• A Deposit & Administration Fee of €25 must be paid online before any course will be registered and tutors assigned.
• If your club will have more than 20 participants the cost will be €450 as two tutors are required
• All payments for courses are to be paid in advance of course beginning
• Please let Shane Supple know the number of participants you believe you club will have for your course when you are booking
• Bookings are to be made by email through your club secretary only.
• The Foundation Coaching Course is 9 hours for a Dual Course and 7.5 hours for a single code
• The course can be done in the following formats: 3 hrs on a Friday night and 6 hrs on the Saturday OR over 2 weeknights either in the same week or spread out over 2 or 3 weeks
• When you are booking please give details of which format you would like and what date you would like
• Dates will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so we cannot guarantee the date you are looking for
Please refer to Guideline & Requirements for Foundation Course Cerification which applies to anyone wishing to take a course
|5th March||Monster Blitz / Go Games meetings||Mallow||Colm Crowley GDA and myself will be holding meetings for coaches of u7’s to u11’s in Mallow GAA on March 5th.
At this we’ll be discussing the new leagues and pod groupings for u8s to 11’s. Every club that are entered MUST have a representitive present on the night.
times are split for the evening:
7pm -7:45 – U7’s & u8’s
7:45 – 8:30 – U9’s, 10’s and u11’s
|12th &13th Feruary||GoGames referee’s course||Mallow & Kanturk||As mentioned in the cluster meetings, I will be running two GoGames / Young referees course’s on Monday Feb 12th at 7pm venue Mallow GAA and 8:00 on Tuesday 13th venue Kanturk GAA meeting room.
Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age to take part and will be registered then to referee at the monster blitz’s / leagues. A certificate will be given to all participants.
For benchmarking 2018, all clubs must register a referee for these games.
These referees will NOT be asked to referee u12 games this year, only u6 to u11.
|Easter||Easter camps||Clubs are reminded to begin planning for their Easter Camps as Easter comes a bit earlier this year.|
GDA for Avondhu / Duhallow