Thursday, 6th July, 2017
- • New & Developing Club Coaches.
- • Squad / Academy Coaches • Club Officers
- • People that may be just considering getting involved in coaching
Part 1 – Practical Important elements of a training session for Youth / Adult players.
Part 2 – Presentation “The Club Coach”
Presented by: Martin Fogarty
Martin has been recently appointed to the role of National Hurling Development Manager. Prior to his appointment he worked as a Primary School Teacher for 38 Years. He has been involved at all levels with his Club, Erin’s Own Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny as a player and Club Officer, serving terms both as Chairman and Secretary. He managed Kilkenny U-21 hurlers to two All-Ireland Titles and worked as a selector/coach with the Senior team from 2005-2013, during which time they won six All-Ireland, seven Leinster and Five National League titles.
The workshop will address:
- • The A – Z of club coaching
- • How do I get started? Have I the necessary skills?
- • The challenges and joys of being involved with a group of players
- • Organisational strategies for an individual Coach and Club Officer
- • Practical ideas
Note 1: If attending as a current coach please ask a friend, who may have no coaching experience whatsoever, to come along.
Note 2: Please notify your intention to attend by text to Noel at 087-4179127 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org