Cork Sports Partnership and Cork Gaa have partnered up to deliver a Cork Primary Schools Teacher Education Programme for 2017/18. The aim of this programme is to provide teachers with the knowledge and support to effectively organise and lead Fundamental Movements Sessions in conjunction with GAA Coaching Sessions within their school environment.
Aim of the Programme:
- Educate teachers to deliver Fundamental Movement Skills through Gaelic Games Sessions at grass root level through schools around the county.
- Provide teachers with resources; including access to the GAA’s Online Learning and Development Portal (www.learning.gaa.ie), lesson plans, videos, etc. for all teachers who attend training and get involved in the programme
- Provide access to the GAA Coach Development pathway to help further develop the skills and competency teachers to deliver effective Gaelic Games sessions in Cork Schools
- Provide primary school children with a positive experience of Fundamental Movement & Gaelic Games Sessions on a regular basis within the school environment.
- Create stronger links between schools and local clubs through the Club School Link Coaches to increase participation in Gaelic Games in local clubs.
Session 1: (One hour) Basic FMS incorporating running, agility, balance & coordination while session two involved basic football handling skills focusing on throwing, jumping, kicking & catching.
Session 2: (One hour) Teacher will be given a workshop and demonstration on how to access and use the GAA Learning & Development Portal. Each Teacher will be required to access and download resources, plan and organise sessions to help them design and print out training sessions from the www.learning.gaa.ie website.
Follow on commitment: Teachers to deliver a minimum of 8 P.E sessions over the agreed ten week period following the workshop
Follow on: Club School Link Coach will also deliver agreed Gaelic Games Sessions in conjunction with Teachers FMS session on agreed weeks of the programme (minimum 4 Sessions)
Registration: Please follow this link to complete the online registration form
Venues: 9 Venues – North, West, East, City
Duration: 2 hours (after school)
Max participants: 40
For more information please visit the Cork Sports Partnership page here